Top Tips to Cultivate a Positive Attitude
Anyone can cultivate a positive attitude. Our attitude and even how we feel starts with our thoughts. Youcan change our attitude by changing your thoughts. Changing the way you think will change the way you feel. When you feel better, you will behave differently. You will learn to see opportunities instead of obstacles. It isn’t easy, but you really can change your thoughts to change your future.
Here are the top tips to help you cultivate a positive attitude:
- Do NOT complain. Complaining is a very negative response to any situation that drains you of energy.
- Express gratitude every day, even for the small things. Eventually you will become grateful for everything.
- Keep a list of things you have accomplished.
- Let go of the people around you who are negative, critical, and abusive of you. They drain your energy. Instead, surround yourself with supportive, positive people.
- Help others. Volunteer occasionally.
- Learn to meditate daily. Even a 10-minute meditation first thing in the morning will help you start your day on a positive thought.
- Let go of envy. Envy is a very negative emotion. It eats at you, pointing to the faults we see in ourselves.
- Be kind and smile at others.
- Choose to be happy. Happiness is a choice. When a negative thought enters your mind, push it out quickly. Substitute a happy thought.
- Have faith in yourself.
- Read inspiring stories and watch inspirational movies or television shows.
- Repeat inspiring and motivating affirmations.
- Practice mastering your thoughts with thought replacement
- Visualize what you want to happen. Release the thoughts you don’t want to happen.
You can cultivate a positive attitude with conscious thought. Be aware of your thoughts and the attitudes of those around you. Once you are aware of the negative thoughts in your environment, you’ll be able to counteract them more quickly and replace them with positive thoughts